chieftain / centurion road wheels

Adrian169045

If I remember right the guys at the Swedish Military Vehicle Museum Arsenalen managed to resque a pile of Centurion road wheels before they were melted down.

You will find contact info at the website - why not ask

www.arsenalen.se

i have been in contact with Arsenalen a couple of times the will swap me parts if if i could supply them with multibank parts witch i don't have

Marcus Glenn has scraped all of his stock

cheers

hi

i would like new but v/good used would be ok as well . i just don't want to pay all the freight to aus for warn items

cheers

If you end up with used, put them on the inside and new on the outside. Nobody will know ... except me obviously. Whenever I go to Bovvy and see the SP Scorpion, I wish they'd do the same, swap half the prototype holy wheels with the service wheels on another CVR(T) and put the service wheels on the outside of both. Scorpion with prototype road wheels just looks so wrong.

If you end up with used, put them on the inside and new on the outside. Nobody will know ... except me obviously. Whenever I go to Bovvy and see the SP Scorpion, I wish they'd do the same, swap half the prototype holy wheels with the service wheels on another CVR(T) and put the service wheels on the outside of both. Scorpion with prototype road wheels just looks so wrong.

I recently swapped nearly all the roadwheels on my Sabre, both inner and outer, with brand new. Almost everybody has called me a p**lock for doing this as I also have plenty of good part worns....especially as I will be lucky to do more than 20 miles a year ! Ho hum you live and learn...

how can i contact them ?

They're a scrap dealer in St Mary Bourne, just outside Andover (UK). Google lists their number as +44 1264 738397, give them a ring and ask for Neil Hirst. Hope that helps!

Andy

thanks mate

is it possible for someone in the uk to give him a call for me ? i go on to night shift for the next 4 weeks and i dont think he will answer his phone at 2am uk time and that would be the only time i can call.

cheers

If someone can give me an FV number for the wheels and/or number of bolt holes I'll take a look next time I'm there, if you like? He might not necessarily know what vehicle they're from anyway.

Andy

If someone can give me an FV number for the wheels and/or number of bolt holes I'll take a look next time I'm there, if you like? He might not necessarily know what vehicle they're from anyway.

Andy

Hirst's know exactly what they have, they are all NOS Chieftain road wheels in stacks of 5 on the purpose made carrier. They primarily sell them to the traction engine boys for retreading road wheels. They even have the facility to turn out the centre of the wheel so it can be split then opened out in rollers to fit the diameter of the large road wheels on traction engines. These are then welded to the original steel wheel to give a full solid rubber tyre.

John.

• 2 weeks later...

I popped into Hirsts this afternoon and took a look at the wheels while I was there. Neil Hirst says they are indeed Chieftain wheels and he's down to his last 200(!). They say FV753210 2530-99-824-7531 on the tyres but interestingly also say FV864578 on the wheels themselves. All NOS, stored outside but none the worse for it. I hope that helps!

Andy

thanks mate

did you find out a price ?

I didn't because I thought he might negotiate for "quantity". He usually only wants scrap value for things like that so I'd be surprised if he asked more than £30 each. If you tell me how many you want I'll ask if you like. The shipping will be a killer though, they must be around 40kg each?

Andy